Skip to main content

Blogmas Day 2: Holiday Traditions

One of the many things about the holidays that warms my heart is all of the traditions     Everyone seems to have some sort of holiday tradition.  It could be The Elf on the Shelf, opening one special present on Christmas Eve, or the feast of the seven fishes.  
  As a child, I enjoyed Christmas Eve most. We always got to open one gift and it was usually from one of my moms co-workers. Then we would go to church and get ready for the Christmas pageant.  I always wanted to be Mary, but was too shy to volunteer.  Yes, that means I am a well seasoned sheep and angel! Haha.  I really look forward to my kids being in the pagent some day. 
   Now that I have my own little family, I love making our own traditions. The one we look forward to the most is advent calendars.   Yep! You read that right! It’s not the silly little elf some of you have grown to love!  
    If you aren’t familiar with an advent calendar, it’s a calendar that counts down the days til Christmas. There are typically 24 (sometimes 12) little doors with prizes or chocolates behind them.  You get to open one each day until Christmas and it’s so much fun. It gives the kids something to look forward to, too! Advent calendars come in all shapes, sizes, and prizes.   We always have more than one, but, the chocolate ones are a staple.   Last year we did the Disney tsum tsum one (thanks Nana!) and it was fabulous! The kiddos still play with all the different toys it came with.  
  You can find some amazing calendars for adults too!  I’ve seen Gin ones, beauty products, and even cheese!  Such a great little gift to give some one when you’re not exactly sure what they want.  The gift that keeps on giving if you ask me! 
  I love learning about other cultures and traditions.  Let me know what your favorites are and if you have established your own now that you’re an adult?  If you’d like i see some pictures of this years advent calendars Be are to follow me on Instagram! Mommysword1316

Thanks for stopping by! See you tomorrow for Blogmas day 3! 

Xx
Meghan 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog