Skip to main content

Blogmas and Banana Bread

Now that my blog has officially launched I’ve decided to kick off with Blogmas!  You can expect a post from me every day til Christmas. Yay!  

My favorite thing about the holidays is baking.  What better way to start blogmas than with a recipe? Mmhmm that’s what i thought!  One of my most requested recipes is Banana Bread.  My recipe is super simple and you only need one bowl! No sifting either!   What i love about this recipe is that you can customize it.   You can add whatever you like to snazz it up.  Maybe you like chocolate chips, walnuts, or even raisins.  The possibilities are pretty much endless!  Let me know if you try my recipe. I’d love to hear how you changed it up for your tastebuds.


The easiest banana bread recipe (makes one loaf or 12 muffins) 

Ingredients: 
3 ripe and brown bananas 
1/3 cup of melted butter 
1/2 cup -1 cup of sugar (depends on how sweet you want it- i usually do 1/2 but if my bananas aren’t that brown I’ll used a full cup) 

1tsp vanilla 
1tsp baking powder (I’ve accidentally used baking soda before and it still works) 
Pinch of salt 

1 1/2 cups of flower.  

-Start by mashing up your bananas with a fork then add in all your wet ingredients 
-Mix
-Once the banana and went ingredients are mixed, add in your sugar and mix well. -Add your dry ingredients and Mix it all together (don’t over mix!) 
  • now is the time to add in some nuts, chocolate chips or both! Just toss them In a bit of flower before hand so they don’t sink to the bottom 
-Bake at 350 F for 18-20 minutes 
*Ovens vary so just keep an eye on it.  If you insert a tooth pick it should come out clean. 

**Want a crunchy topping? Simply add some raw sugar or a mix of cinnamon sugar on top before baking.  So yummy! 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog