Skip to main content

Back to School || YumBox Review


Hey everyone!  I can’t believe it’s already Back to school season!  Molly still has over a month before she goes back but I know some parts of the country go back really soon and some have already started.  I figured I would do some back to school posts and videos on the products I love.   As you may know, I really love to get creative when making Molly’s lunches so I'm starting off with a lunch post! Today I am telling you all my thoughts on YumBox.  

We were lucky enough to have two Yumboxes sent to us from Motts to celebrate their new Motts sensible juice (which are delish!!).  They were so kind and sent one for each of my kiddos and personalized them.  So a big thank you to Motts!!  

I make lots of lunch videos and Instagram posts but I also check out other moms posts and I’ve always wanted to get a Yumbox based on the reviews.  I was so happy when we got them and immediately used it for Molly lunch.  I absolutely love them and will be purchasing more.  She really wants a pink or purple one of course!   

If you don’t know what a Yumbox is it’s a bento style lunch box and it comes in different styles and colors.  In my opinion, the size we were sent was the perfect size for her and I could pack it all in one instead of all the separate containers like I had been doing.   There was a large compartment that fits a sand which (crust off and cut into a fun shape.. because were extra! Haha!) or ever tater tots and chicken nugs!  Then there were two smaller compartments that I filled with fruit, chips, crackers, veggies and even yogurt. Then there’s a tiny compartment for a sweet treat, or ketchup or whatever dip you like!    Best part? The lid has a silicone liner so when you close it, it creates a seal and doesn’t leak! Yes, you read that correctly, no leakage!   I never had one issue with anything leaking out or spilling over into the next compartment.

I’ve also found the YumBox to be perfect for picnics.  Recently we used them for a picnic and I filled Molly’s with fruit.  I put a different fruit in each compartment then I filled Caleb’s with crackers, a sweet treat, and in the larger compartment, I was able to fit two yogurt tubes (slightly bent) and two string cheese. It worked out so well for us I will be doing that again even for a road trip!  

Now, what about cleaning? Wicked easy!  I personally hand wash ours but you can dish wash it on the top rack.  The outer case and the compartment separate and the website does recommend hand washing the outer case, probably due to the seal.  I previously mentioned we used them for a picnic, I put cherries (that I pitted) in one compartment and they didn’t stain, and it is just a dream to clean. I used warm water and a little dawn dish soap (the blue one is my fav!) 
Side note: I never dish-wash anything that says “leakproof” or “leak seal” like our water bottles because I swear the dishwasher messes with that and then they are no longer leak proof.  Once I switched to hand washing I never encountered leaking from any products.  

Overall I find this bento-style to be amazing for us.  I think it’s perfect for little kids appetites, and it’s easy for them to open.  Sometimes Molly had a hard time with the different containers I would send but never complained of a struggle to open the yumbox.   I also struggled sometimes fitting things into her lunchbox but the yumbox fit perfectly and I had room to put in a Motts Sensibles juice pouch (she loved the raspberry one!) and an ice pack underneath! I would 100% encourage you to try out the yumbox I have not one negative thing to say about it and I can’t wait to think of more creative lunch ideas to put in it!  Keep an eye out on my Instagram to see more back to school posts! 


*Disclaimer: we were gifted the yumboxes but this is not a sponsored or required post.  All thoughts and opinions are my own *



Comments

Popular posts from this blog