Skip to main content

Orange Chicken Recipe


I don't know about you but I often get caught up watching cooking videos on Facebook. One video has been going around a lot lately.   ORANGE CHICKEN!!! It's flooded my timelines with friends sharing it but doesn't seem like anyone has tried it yet.  Or at least they haven't shared their results.   So that's where I come in I've tested the recipe and made a few minor tweaks   Tweaks as in shortcuts haha I used frozen popcorn chicken instead of cubed chicken breast... You'll thank me later! Haha 

Here's everything you need for the sauce:
  • An entire jar of Smuckers Orange marmalade
  • 1 cup of Sweet Baby Rays bbq sauce
  • 2 tbsp of soy sauce 





I took Tyson popcorn chicken and tossed it in the deep fryer.  While the chicken was cooking I made the sauce.  I started with the marmalade and let it melt down before adding in the bbq and soy sauces.  Mixed it well and let it reduce a little bit. Once the chicken and sauce were done I poured half the sauce over the chicken and tossed it in a bowl till it was all coated   That's it! Super simple super!  I put the leftover sauce in the fridge to use for dipping or maybe another batch of orange chicken! 

You can use raw cubed chicken breast if you want or just use the sauce for dipping nuggets or even on a burger!  It's basically an amped up bbq sauce that is versatile!   At first, I didn't like the smell of it but the taste is fab!  I may add a little heat next time to kick it up some more!   I'm even considering trying it with a peach marmalade and basting some.grilled pork chops mmm endless possibilities 

Let me know if you try it and tag me in your pics on Instagram!  (Meghan.bo) 

*disclaimer: I do not take creditor this recipe.  There have been many authors sharing it on Facebook I am simply testing it out and simplifying it!   I will give credit to the ones I have been seen circulating on Facebook: tastemade, recipes, and Spend with Pennies * 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog